Outfit your newbie for his first season.
Thanks to generous friends and family, you’ll likely end up with a dresser full of pint-sized apparel for your babe. But beyond frilly pink dresses and itty-bitty bow ties, there are a few practical pieces you’ll want to have on hand for everyday wear. As you take stock of your wee one’s wardrobe, make sure these essentials are included.
- 4+ side-snap shirts or bodysuits (so you don’t have to tug them over your newborn’s wobbly head)
- 5+ pants or leggings
- 7+ bodysuits (both short- and long-sleeved)
- 6+ sleepers (or 5+ gowns)
- 8+ pairs of socks (because you’re sure to lose one or two on outings)
- 3+ infant hats
- 2+ mittens (to keep those razor-sharp nails from scratching)
- Shoes (which are optional, really, but you don’t want those tiny tootsies to freeze)
- Season-appropriate attire (think sweater, swimsuit, snowsuit, etc.)
Keep in mind your babe will likely cycle through more outfits than you typically do, thanks to a combination of spitup, drool and diaper explosions. Seven bodysuits may seem like a lot when he’ll outgrow them in a couple months, but it’s worth having a substantial stash.