- Naptime is real and must be honored above all else. Your sister’s wedding is smack dab in the middle of the baby’s morning nap? Skip it. You’ve been invited to the White house to meet the president? Reschedule. Set a nap routine, and stick to it no matter what. This just might be the only time you get to yourself all day.
- Take the baby for a walk or drive. It’s something that might keep her happy or, better yet, asleep. Don’t feel guilty; you earned this time.
- Talk about what you’re going through with friends and family. If you’re feeling overextended, tell someone. You might be surprised by who shows up to help.
- Work-outside-the-home moms: Relish your commute time. Start a ritual that you look forward to and that lets you connect with yourself. Singing along to the radio, listening to books on tape, meditating, mentally cursing other drivers—whatever helps you recharge.
- Stay-at-home moms: Join a gym that offers free child care. Exercise-induced endorphins plus alone time equal a happy mom.
Home » Baby Buzz » Buzzworthy