Happy Thanksgiving, friends! This is the week for family gatherings, […]
Happy Thanksgiving, friends! This is the week for family gatherings, football games and lots of food. I know there are “thankful” lists all over the place this time of year, so I don’t want to sound cliché, but I sat down this week and thought about how us pregnant ladies have so many extra things to be thankful for this year. There are huge things, little things, serious things and a ton of silly things to be grateful for during these short nine months. So, sit back, enjoy a little turkey and some pumpkin pie (with lots of whipped cream) and enjoy my list of what I’m thankful for during this pregnancy.
- Home pregnancy tests – Isn’t it amazing that you can tell you are pregnant in a matter of two minutes? You can know you are pregnant faster than you can make a Hot Pocket! And how about those early detection tests? Amazing!
- Sprite/7-Up – I love a cold decaffeinated, clear soda every now and then!
- Metamucil – Enough said, right?
- Foot rubs/pedicures – I can get a lot of sympathy pampering during pregnancy, and I take full advantage.
- Peanut butter cups – Well, because, who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate, especially when you are pregnant.
- Decaf coffee – It’s not quite the same as a jolt of caffeine, but it’s pretty good on a cold morning.
- Prenatal classes – Who doesn’t need a little help learning how to handle pushing a child out of your body?
- Pregnancy pants – So comfy.
- Prenatal vitamins – There are so many nutrients packed into those little packages. I’m amazed by modern medicine sometimes.
- Ultrasounds/Dopplers – How cool is it to get to see and hear your baby while they are inside your belly? Again, modern medicine is just so cool.
- Antacids – The faster I can fix heartburn, the happier my whole household is going to be.
- Baby kicks – I’ve talked about this before, but it is quite possibly the best feeling in the world.
- The choice to deliver a baby any way you choose – Get an epidural, or go all-natural. Deliver at the hospital or at home … or even in water. You have the option to choose what works best for you.
- Nesting – I’m not a natural planner and organizer, so I’m excited for the nesting phase to kick in. My closet needs the nesting phase!
- Excited grandparents – There are few things as awesome as having a resource who has been here and done this already and raised you to be a pretty awesome adult. Plus, they are a great place to turn for a little break sometimes once baby pops out. (And they don’t mind one bit!)
- There will be a new, cuddly member of the family around the table next year – How crazy is that to think about? You’ll be passing mashed up carrots and puréed peas to a new little one next year!
Ok, pass the pumpkin pie! And let me know if there is anything you think I missed on my list!