Food on your face
Ingredients: • 2 teaspoons pureed pumpkin (canned is fine, or […]
• 2 teaspoons pureed pumpkin (canned is fine, or use your Halloween leftovers)
• 1⁄2 teaspoon organic honey
• 1 teaspoon organic Greek yogurt (fat-free for oily skin, 2 percent for dry skin)
Why you’ll love it:
This mask is a great source of natural antioxidants and retinoic acid, both of which improve the look and feel of your skin. It can be used on all skin types and is especially great as a quick anti-aging and brightening boost.
How it works:
• Pumpkin is high in antioxidants and vitamins A, C and E; it’s also a natural source of enzymes that slough away dead skin.
• Honey is a natural humectant that locks in moisture and contains antibacterial properties ideal for acne-prone skin.
• Yogurt contains enzymes and lactic acid, which exfoliate, hydrate and soothe.
What to do:
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, and apply the mixture to damp skin. (The enzymes work best this way.) Leave on for 10 minutes, and then rinse with muslin or a washcloth. Make a fresh batch once a week for optimal results!
Learn more about Joanna Vargas and her skincare collection at joannavargas.com.
Image: iStock.com / Zkruger