Eclectic nursery tips
Today I have the opportunity to introduce Kirsten Grove of […]
Today I have the opportunity to introduce Kirsten Grove of Simply Grove. Kirsten is an interior designer who authors this lovely blog featuring room makeovers, new designers and artists, personal projects, tips and ideas. She has a fresh take on designing, and I really get inspired by her eclectic style.
Here is a little peek into her son Ethan’s room, and her daughter Eden Jo’s room.
Aren’t these rooms fun? My favorite aspect of the rooms is that they don’t appear to have come straight out of a catalog. It is very easy to go to your local home store and buy a matching nursery set; however, if you can mix old with the new, modern and traditional elements, you will always add interest and character to a space.
Here are some of Kirsten’s tips for designing a fabulous nursery:
- Creating the perfect nursery is so easy to accomplish. All you need to do is figure out your own style and then apply it your new baby’s room. (If you are looking to find your style, check out Kirsten’s Style tests!)
- A crib and rocker can either be simple and modern or more chic and glamorous. If you choose a more modern crib, dress it up with beautiful textiles and soft textures. If your crib is more girly, go a little less frilly with the bedding.
- Great pillows can always be found on Etsy. The website makes is easy: Just type in your desired color, and the right pillow will find you!
- If you are not a fan of the normal changing table, use a vintage dresser and put a security bar on the outer edge so your baby is secure.
- Mobiles can be a fun addition to your decor. Think outside of the box and possibly make your own! Clouds and birds are two cute ideas for mobiles.
- Blow up black and white images of your parents and grandparents. It will add history and charm.
Thanks so much, Kirsten! To find out more about Kirsten and her design style, please check out simplygrove.