There’s been a lot of talk of April showers here lately, and while I’m not a fan of the wet weather, I am a big fan of the other kind of shower—the let’s-party-and-celebrate-baby variety, to […]
There’s been a lot of talk of April showers here lately, and while I’m not a fan of the wet weather, I am a big fan of the other kind of shower—the let’s-party-and-celebrate-baby variety, to be exact. Planning and decorating for an event might just be very favorite thing to do. (In my house, we sometimes just randomly decorate for dinner … there’s always a reason to break out the party supplies!) Here are a few must-haves for all my parties, no matter the reason for the celebration.
- A cake topper. Lisa Leonard’s gorgeous silver toppers are currently at the top of my wish list (and after looking at that picture, those doughnuts are, too).
- Washi tape and twine. Use them to create a quick and easy (and colorful!) banner, and they’re also great for dressing up gifts.
- Table signs. Minted’s new line of party décor is pretty awesome. Sure, people could distinguish the sweets from the drinks without a marker, but signs make everything more fun.
- A table runner. A pretty, simple, use-it-more-than-once way to dress up the table and bring in a little more color.
- A cake stand. Whether you’re serving cookies, cake or some other sweet treat, elevating them on a stand somehow makes them more appealing. (As if they need the help.)
- Paper straws. A table just isn’t complete without them. The striped ones are still my fave, but mint chevron is always awesome.
- Paper chains. Inexpensive, easy to make, available in any color scheme you can think of … win, win, win. (Grab a kit like this one or just pick up a random assortment of scrapbook paper from your local craft store and DIY.)