With tips from Heather Hurt, Los Angeles-based pregnancy photographer and owner of the site alamodephoto.com, you too can take baby bump pictures like a pro.
- Pick a natural, tranquil scene as your background. Hurt’s favorite spot? The beach. Try to find a place with very few people. Be careful of trash cans and other items in the background that might detract focus from you.
- Wear something that shows off your pregnant shape. Hurt likes to wrap her subjects in material to accentuate the belly while the excess fabric flows in the wind.
Tip: Choose an outfit that will look good in both color and black and white photos.
- Change up your poses. Don’t be afraid to experiment, but also embrace the basics. Pictures where a mom-to-be is looking down at and holding her stomach always look beautiful.
- Ask a friend or loved one to photograph you. Knowing that the person behind the camera already sees you as beautiful will put your mind at ease.
- Have fun, and enjoy the moment. Hurt understands that when looking down at your pregnant self, you feel very wide, but you might be surprised to find you look stunning in the final photos.