Family halloween costumes
Children are not dolls. We do not have them simply to dress them up in costumes and fun outfits. Just kidding. Of course we do. My baby is a walking fashion experiment, and he loves […]
Children are not dolls. We do not have them simply to dress them up in costumes and fun outfits.
Just kidding. Of course we do. My baby is a walking fashion experiment, and he loves it. This year, my wife and I will be celebrating our first Halloween as parents, and we are ridiculously excited to pick out fun outfits and take him to Halloween celebrations. As August becomes September, Halloween specialty stores are popping up throughout our neighborhood. The costume search has begun!
Here are six ideas that I have already mentioned to my wife:
- Cowardly Lion, from The Wizard of Oz. Obviously, this costume derives most of its appeal from being recognizable and perfect for a group. My wife and I plan on dressing as the Tin-Man and Dorothy. Unfortunately, my wife has only been able to find “Sexy Dorothy” costumes so far. This will not do. We would have to find a Sexy Cowardly Lion costume, and our little guy just does not have the muscles for that yet.
- Chewbacca, from Star Wars. This baby costume exists, and it is glorious. I would make a fine Han Solo, and my wife would make a hot Leia. Unfortunately, my baby looks more like Yoda, and the resemblance might confuse people.
- Steve Jobs and Apple Products. Does my baby need to have a neck in order to wear a black turtleneck? If so, we might have a problem. Some people discourage this idea, but iThink it would make an excellent costume ensemble. I would look great as a MacBook.
- Shark and Beach-Dwellers. My wife and I would dress as a snorkeler and a lifeguard, respectively. My child would simply have to stare at us and look like he wants to eat everything. I see a perfect fit.
- Matador and Bulls. While I would love to don some horns and carry around a brightly colored matador baby, I am afraid that my son might try to spear me at some point. He takes costumes very seriously.
- The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghost Busters. The resemblance is uncanny.
Share This Story!