I didn’t originally plan to review this bag here at pnmag.com, but I have been so impressed with it over the past month that I just had to share how much I love it.
Seriously, I see a lot of stuff in my line of work and it takes something pretty darn cool to get me excited. But I am beyond excited about Ju-Ju-Be’s WannaBe bag, because it has made my summer life infinitely easier.
I live in Florida, so we spend a lot of time at the pool and the beach. But getting ready to hit the water with my two kids (and usually a couple of their friends) often feels like packing for an overnight trip. By the time I’ve packed sunscreen, diving sticks, goggles, noodles, water toys, towels, snacks, drinks, sunglasses and everything else we need, I’m exhausted—and loaded to the max. In the past, I’d find myself lugging a bag for supplies, a bucket for toys, a cooler for snacks, and still be hanging towels over my shoulders. But these days, since the WannaBe entered my life, I’ve been luxuriously toting one bag that holds it all—which even leaves me a free hand to grab the arm of whichever child is trying to dash across the parking lot without looking both ways. (When you’re transporting 4- and 5-year-old boys, a spare hand is a must!)
So here’s why I love the WannaBe.
- Strap options: Sling it over your shoulder (which is what I usually do) or wear it as a backpack (great for the beach, when you’re also toting chairs and an umbrella).
- Pockets galore: Plenty of storage options for toys, sunblocks and other necessary objects. On the back of the bag, you’ll find pockets perfect for books and magazines. (After 10 long years of water duty, I finally have two accomplished swimmers and can lounge by the pool with a good book!)
- Insulated cooling pocket: This built-in snack pocket keeps drinks and snacks cool, and easily wipes clean should it get a little smudgy.
- Sand Trap: Perhaps the coolest feature (in my opinion), I love the sand drain at the bottom of this bag. You just open the zipper and shake out the sand through the mesh lining—no need to empty your bag or turn it upside down and shake it. Yay!
- Elastic towel holder: I also love that you can roll up a towel and hang it on the outside of the bag, freeing up more space inside.
There are way too many features to list here, but needless to say the Ju-Ju-Be WannaBe bag is an awesome investment and one that I would highly recommend. Check it out for yourself at Ju-Ju-Be’s website. Plus, the name of the bag alone makes me sing that lovely classic from the Spice Girls, reminiscent of my life so many summers ago … and embarrassing my kids by singing dorky music is just so much fun. Happy summer!
Buy it: shopjujube.com