There is nothing more terrifying than bringing home your first newborn from the hospital. When I brought home my son Charlie, I literally did not let him out of my sight for days.He napped in my arms, slept in my room, and I didn’t leave the house for weeks. So to say I was nervous is a bit of an understatement. I would even go as far as to wake him up to make sure he was still breathing. Thankfully I have relaxed significantly since then, but a parent will never stop being concerned about their child. Just a few weeks ago I heard my son awake not long after I had laid him down for bed and found my husband had woken him up checking his breathing. So I was super stoked to test the Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitor Deluxe.
It is the most unique monitor I have ever tested. It has all the bells and whistles of other high-end monitors, but the feature that sets this monitor apart from others is its ability to monitor movement. It includes an under-the-mattress sensor pad that detects the baby’s movement and will sound an alarm if your child does not move at least every 20 seconds. So if you are a worrying mama like me, it eliminates that urge to check your child’s breathing. It also has fabulous sound quality, which can be set to either continuous reception or voice activation, which I prefer. The Angelcare also has terrific range, so I am able to take my dog out without being concerned that I’m going to loose reception. I wish that I had had this monitor when I brought my son home from the hospital. It is a must-have for any new parent or worrying mamas like me.
• Under-the-mattress sensor pad detects all baby's movements
• Alarm sounds after 20 seconds if absolutely no movement is detected
• Adjustable sensitivity
• Battery or AC adapter operated
• Optional 'tic” sound to hear baby's movements
• 8 channels to minimize interference
• Automatically converts to battery in case of power failure
• Sound lights to see and hear baby's sounds
• Low battery indicator
• Practical soothing night-light
• Choice between voice activation or continuous sound reception
• Nursery room temperature display on the parent unit
• Vibration option on parent unit (dependent on models)
• Extra parent unit: You only need to program one parent unit and the other will automatically set up