These are things in life that I know to be true at this moment.
● When it comes to choosing between a shower and maxin’ and relaxin’, 90% of the time I choose the latter.
● There are more days than I’d like to admit that I am covered in spit-up. What’s the point in changing?
● Bedtime seems to get a bit longer each day. Rituals include: stories, kisses, teeth brushing, footie pajamas or matching pajamas (MUST match), princess toys for both hands, Rosie (Matilda’s favorite doll), water, and so on.
● I wake up at an unGodly hour to have some time to myself in the morning.
● Dinner is usually at 9.
● Phoebe likes to fall asleep nursing. I don’t mind it one bit. It’s usually not until after 10.
● Makeup is optional.
● I still don’t fit in my normal clothes.
● Chocolate and snacks almost daily are probably not helping.
● I haven’t painted my nails since October.
● My coffee usually is cold.
● I get the most incredible gummy baby smiles every day.
● I made Valentine’s cards for the first time with Matilda this year. She told me I was her “Valentime.” She also took that privilege away when she was upset with me. “Mama, you are not my valentime anymore!”
● Sam and I haven’t been on a proper date in three months.
● I’ve left the house alone exactly four times. I went to the store, to Barnes and Noble, to work, and out with friends.
● I have hilarious friends, who are moms, who make me feel normal and supported. That’s an incredible gift.
● My version of “head in the sand” is hiding in the bathroom. I take my time.
● I’m incredibly lucky and have kissed foreheads more times than I can count and thanked God with each one that I get to be a mama.
What are your truths right now?