As I make my lists and check them twice to prepare for the taxing 14-hour journey home to America and our travels therein, I'm compiling a list of “must-haves” to bring back to the UAE for my kids. You wanna hear 'em? You got it.
1. Anything and everything from Target.You can't beat the great selection of PJs and kids clothes from Circo brand and others. 90% of my kids' wardrobes were from Target, and since they've completely outgrown them, you can assume correctly that we will be restocking.
2. Cheap books from overstock stores. Since my oldest child has a habit of destroying books, I always bought books on clearance in the States. I've found that stores like Ross, T.J.Maxx and Marshall's always carry a good selection of children's books and at even better prices.
3. Great wallpaper. I've been meaning to do a feature wall with a great wallpaper to liven up my children's rooms, but haven't found anything worthy here in the UAE. I just came across a great find from Taylor and Wood that is perfect! It's an interactive wallpaper made up of frames that lets you hang your children's art or create images of your own. I even love it left blank!
4. Keen shoes. Since every person in our family owns at least one pair, I would say that we fully endorse the brand. I love them for myself, but I love them even more for my kids. Slip-proof, waterproof and stubbed toe-proof, these babies are more than equipped to handle … shall we say, lively children. The kids styles are perfect for hiking and and river walking but sleek enough for the city.
5. Fun Prints. I haven't been able to find many fun prints that look fresh and modern in kids rooms. Luckily, I've been ordering nonstop from Etsy the past few weeks, which we all know is the best place to get handmade art by local artists. Here are a few of my favorite finds.
There you have it. Now let's hope they loosen up on the baggage restrictions by the time we're ready to leave!