Written by: P&N August 18 2011
The maternity wardrobe is a tricky entity. You want to look good, but you also don't want to spend a fortune on clothes you'll only fit into for less than nine months. A great solution to this fashion dilemma is to bulk up on your accessories. Buy some better basics and then switch up your look with a few great extras.
We took this Cap Sleeve dress from Top Shop and dressed it up, down and out using accessories you may already have lurking in your prebaby closet.
With a fun scarf, strappy sandals and a canvas bag, you're ready to hit all the backyard cookouts and girls days out you can handle.
1. ModCloth Cruise Anchor scarf $24
2. ASOSRiver Island Sienna Brown Trim Gold sunglasses $23
3. Levi's Made &Crafted Large City Tote $339 at glassworks-studios.com
4. Kyler by JoyO Minimal hammered hoops in rose gold $88
5. CO-OP Barneys New York flat sandal $330
Have some bangles and kickin' heels around so that you and your partner can soak up as many evenings out as you can before baby becomes your Friday night insta-date.
1. Betsey Johnson Iconic Pave Stud earrings $30 at zappos.com
2. Deux Lux 'Gypsy' Clutch $115 at norstrom.com
3. Lodis Astor Sidechain Hip belt $42
4. Calypso St. Barth gold bangles $165
5. Nine West Kaboose heels $89
If there were ever a time to bring some fun to your frock, it's from 9 to 5.
1. Glasses Shop Acetate glasses $30
2. Repertoire Maison Scotch Jacket, Striped Cream & Navy Blazer $94
3. Kara by Kara Ross Stingray Enamel Pocket Watch $260 at maxandchloe.com
4. ModCloth Viridian Sea Bag $63
5. Jessica Simpson “Lex” Flat $69 at nordstroms.com