Written by: P&N February 07 2011
According to the Chinese Zodiac, babies born between February 3, 2011, and January 22, 2012, are Wu Xing Rabbits. Consider these ancient beliefs as you prepare for your new bunny’s arrival.
- The element of “Wu Xing,” which translates to “metal” in Chinese, gives 2011-born babes greater intensity, strength and resilience than other Rabbits. (The last generation of Wu Xing Rabbits was born in 1951!)
- Children born in this year will be sensitive, creative and compassionate creatures who cherish family and friends. They also are sophisticated and refined, though typically homebodies rather than tots-about-town.
- Expect your offspring to be detail-oriented and hone in on visual cues, specifically color. Decorate baby’s nursery in aqua, white or green (the sign’s colors), as the cool palette will provide an environment that fosters growth and development.
- Be ready for a talker! Rabbits are intelligent with a knack for verbal expression. Prolific actors and writers born under this sign include Orson Welles, Ingrid Bergman, Cary Grant and Lewis Carroll.
- Rabbits make successful politicians, diplomats and judges because they consider every angle of a conflict before calmly reaching the best conclusion. Don’t be surprised when your child considers the pros and cons of almost every decision he has to make. And trust his choices—rabbits are keen to making wise assessments.
- Keep a baby journal or scrapbook during your pregnancy. Because of the sentimental nature of his sign, baby will deeply appreciate reading your prenatal thoughts and insights once he’s grown.