Written by: P&N February 01 2010
Pregnancy myth exposed: Expecting a baby doesn't guarantee you shining, luscious locks. With hormones surging through your body, your hair will likely change—sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Try these tips if your hair is growing out of control … but keep in mind that once baby arrives, your mane could be changing yet again!
[problem] Lifeless locks
If flat hair has you singing the volume blues …
- Use a lightweight, clean rinsing shampoo that's specifically designed to increase volume.
- Apply a volumizing gel or spray to your roots before you blow your hair dry, and angle the dryer so you're blowing up at your roots (or flip your head upside down and dry from the bottom out).
- Large Velcro rollers rolled right up to your scalp can liven your locks (and add soft, pretty waves).
- Style with a large round brush to give your tresses a natural boost.
- Pump it up throughout the day with a volumizing mist—just spray it on dry hair and scrunch when you need a lift.