I don't know about you, but everyone I know seems to be expecting a boy these days.
I've welcomed two nephews this year (who I adore, by the way), and I can name at least five moms off the top of my head who are expecting or recently gave birth to little men. Even P&N's ownAdventures in Motherhood blogger Suzanna is a soon-to-be mama to a male. Tiny dudes are cool as can be, but every once in awhile, I've got to get the girly out of my system.
And so, I have for you today a bit of nursery inspiration for a little lady's room. It's not too baby, but instead incorporates pieces that can grow with your wee one, or even move about your house once they're no longer needed in the nursery. (And since some of the pieces are admittedly on the pricey side, the knowledge that they'll stay with your family for years to come brings peace of mind to the investment.)
1. Blabla Wooly the Sheep, $48
2. CB2 L_MP pool floor lamp, $199
3. 20×200 Sophie by Jacob Escbedo, from $20
4. Anthropologie Corrigan Chair, $1698
5. The Container Store Marche Basket, from $17
6. DwellStudio Century Crib, $980
7. Anthropologie Mirrored Dresser, $1,298
8. Handmade Soho New Zealand Wool Rug, $201
How about you? Are you having a girl? (I know there's got to be somebody out there who is!) What's the inspiration behind your baby's nursery? Do you like the idea of a more sophisicated nursery, or are you a teddy bears-all-the-way kind of mom? I'd love to hear your thoughts.