Prepping a batch of freezer meals during pregnancy can make postpartum dinners less of a headache. Just thaw and bake (or add them to your slow cooker), for a minimal-effort meal. You won’t even have to stand and stir the pot, so you can get back to those newborn cuddles in a hurry.
We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite reheat-and-eat meal from around the web, so add a few to your recipe box (and ice box) for easy eating after baby’s arrival.
- Lentil Soup: All you need is a slow-cooker and nine ingredients.
- Creamy Chicken, Quinoa and Broccoli Casserole: No “cream of” soup cans required.
- Mushroom Marjoram Chicken Potpie: Comfort food that isn’t another casserole.
- Frozen Pizzas: It’s not delivery; it’s homemade.
- Lasagna Roll Ups: Individually portioned pasta servings that the whole family will love.
- Make-ahead Meatballs: Toss them in soups and pastas, or add them to pizzas and paninis.
- Garden Zucchini Cakes: A speedy option for veggie lovers.
- Whole-Grain Freezer Waffles: Brinner, anyone?
- Mushroom Lasagna: A lighter (and tomato-free) take on a popular freezer meal.
- Chicken Mac & Cheese: Turn a childhood favorite into a grown-up meal.
- Spinach Pie: Take it straight from the freezer to the oven.